Vesuvio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a versatile gourmet oil that will meet all your daily cooking needs.
It is ideal for:
- Grilling, frying and stir-frying meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, eggs, cheeses
- Roasting meat, fish, poultry and vegetables
- Baking breads, cakes, muffins, scones, pastries and biscuits
- Dressings and toppings for salads, vegetables, pastas, pizzas, quiches and potatoes
- Sauces, marinades, pestos and dips
- Pickles and preserves
Did You Know?
- When you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for your baking, you can reduce the amount of shortening required by the recipe by one-third.
- Baking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil results in lighter, fluffier and moister baked goods.
- Because of its high anti-oxidant content, Extra Virgin Olive Oil is more stable when exposed to heat than other vegetable oils.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is ideal for safe frying as it has a smoking point of 210ºC, substantially higher than the ideal frying temperature of 180ºC. Other fats such as butter and corn oil break down at this temperature and become toxic.
- Unlike other vegetable oils, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, with its high stability, can safely be re-heated at least five times.
- The rich mix of anti-oxidants in Extra Virgin Olive Oil protects the oil and extends its shelf life.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a delicious and healthy alternative to all other fats.